Effective date: June 26, 2018
Balanced Body, Inc. ("us", "we", or "our") operates video.pilates.com (the "Service").
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
- Personal Data
- Personal Data means data about a natural person who can be identified from the data, either alone or in combination with other data in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data
- Usage Data is data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Data Controller
- Data Processors (or Service Providers)
- Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
- Data Subject (or User)
- Data Subject is any natural person who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with marketing or promotional materials, or other information regarding our products and services. You may opt out of receiving any or all of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. It is the policy Balanced Body that your Personal Data will not be shared with or sold to anyone outside of Balanced Body and its affiliates.
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's IP (“Internet Protocol”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies such beacons, tags, and scripts may also be used to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some aspects of our Service.
Currently we use a New Relic Session Cookie for session tracking. Session cookies collect information such as time spent on the website, geographic origin, browser type and version, and operating system. The Session Cookie does not retain any Personal Data as defined by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We may also use Preference Cookies. Preference Cookies remember your preferences and various settings if you subscribe to our Service.
Use of Data
Balanced Body uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide, maintain, and improve our Service;
- To notify you about changes to our Service;
- To provide customer support;
- To monitor usage of our Service;
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues; and
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events that we may offer unless you have opted not to receive such information.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Balanced Body may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you (i.e., when you have subscribed to the Service);
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it's not overridden by your rights;
- For payment processing purposes; and/or
- To comply with the law.
Retention of Data
Balanced Body will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Data
Balanced Body does not share with or sell to any third party any of your Personal Data. However, your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the United States and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
Balanced Body may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation;
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Balanced Body;
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service;
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public;
- To protect against legal liability.
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
“Do Not Track” Signals Under California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
We do not support Do Not Track ("DNT"), so our website does not behave differently when a DNT request is received. DNT is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. However, there is currently no industry-standard way to handle these requests.
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Balanced Body aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you want to know which Personal Data we hold about you or if you wish to be removed from our systems, please contact us by email at email@example.com.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Data.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Balanced Body relied on your consent to process your Personal Data.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers like Google Analytics to monitor and analyze the use of our Service. Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page.
For all paid services within the Service, we use third-party services for payment processing.
The payment processors we work with are:
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children").
We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.